If you’re looking for baccarat in a brick and mortar casino, you’ll likely have to settle for Mini Baccarat. Big Table Baccarat is typically sectioned off in the VIP section. It’s a high roller favorite, often requiring betting minimums of at least $500 a round. Despite the mystique that surrounds this table game, it’s easy to play, as it requires no strategy.
For each round of baccarat, you’ll watch the Player and Dealer face off in a card draw. They each receive two-card hands (possibly more), and whoever has the score closer to nine wins the round. When playing online, you don’t need to calculate the hand value, but if you’re interested in knowing, cards Two to Nine are face value, Aces are worth 1 point, and face cards are worth 0. After determining the sum of the cards in one hand, you have the total score – unless the score exceeds 9 points. If it’s a double-digit score, the second digit becomes the total score; you drop the first digit. For example, a score of 14 would become 4.
Once again, you won’t be expected to calculate that. All you have to do is bet on who you think will win: the Player, Banker or a Tie between them. And you don’t need to bet a minimum of $500 when playing at Slots.lv; you can bet as little as $1 a round. If that’s not enticing enough, here are five reasons to play baccarat.
Five Reasons To Play Baccarat
- Baccarat is a sociable game. At brick and mortar casinos, players take turns dealing, so there are plenty of opportunities to chat with your neighbors.
- Baccarat strategy is as simple as learning the odds of each of the three available bets, and sticking to the one with the lowest house edge. Easy-peasy.
- Online baccarat keeps track of each round’s score in the History panel, letting you see who’s winning the most hands and who you’ve been betting on.
- Because the game is played systematically, you can get through many rounds of baccarat in one session.
- Baccarat was James Bond’s favorite game. Do you need more reason than that?
If you’re still unsure if online baccarat is the game for you, give it a shot using Practice Play. You get $1,000 in fun money to test this popular table game. That’s something you can’t do at a brick and mortar casino. Give it a try for free over on OppaBet for desktop or mobile!