Sicbo provides thrills to players up until the last dice settles. It’s a game that doesn’t rely on just having a rock-solid strategy but rather, quite a bit of luck as well. Have you ever tried this game before? If not, read on to learn more about Sicbo before giving it a shot!
Introduction to Sicbo
Sicbo has its origins in China and is literally translated to mean “precious dice”. As the game has gained popularity and spread across the world, many variations and names came up as well. It is most popular in casinos across Asia, particularly in Macau (known there as dai siu, meaning big [or] small). The Chinese introduced the game to the Americans in the early 20th century, and so many American casinos feature the game as well. There are also a number of English games that have developed along the same lines as the traditional Sicbo.
Sicbo is played with three standard, six-sided dice, with the usual one to six dots on each side. The betting table may look intimidating because there are just so many betting options that you’ll see on the table. But we’ll get to that a little later on in this article.
The rules are actually very simple. You basically place your bets on the boxes on the betting table corresponding to, well, your predictions on the outcome of the three dice in the game. Each box has its corresponding payout that you’ll win if your prediction is correct. Like Roulette, you can place as many bets as you feel like. Simple enough, right? Again, a huge part of winning in Sicbo really depends on luck and how good you are at guessing!
While there are no specific strategies that you can rely on, it is important to be familiar with the different types of bets. You wouldn’t just randomly put your money on the betting table, would you? It’s best to understand what each bet means so you know what your odds are in general. Read on as we go through some of the basic bets in Sicbo.
- Small and big: Betting on the total sum of the values appearing on the three dice. You can bet that it’ll be “small”, or between 4 and 10. Otherwise, you bet on “big”, or the amount totaling 11 to 17. The payout for this is 1 to 1. Landing a triple (three dice with the same value) is an automatic loss in this case.
- Odd and Even: Even simpler than the big and small bet, here you’re guessing if the total sum will be an odd or even number.
- Total bets: With this, you bet on a specific total sum for the three dice. Like betting with big and small, hitting triples is a loss for these bets. However, the payout for these wins differs based on the probability of the value occurring. For example, winning on a total sum of 4 pays out times 60 of the bet, whereas a win on a total of 10 will only pay out times 6 of your bet. Don’t worry though, you don’t need to memorize the payouts. The betting table will have that clearly written for you.
- Singles: A bet that any number from 1 to 6 will show up on any of the dice. The payout depends on how many times your chosen number appears on the dice, increasing of course with the frequency.
There are more options for betting, but the most common are the four mentioned above.
A few notes when playing Sicbo
Many people choose to play Sicbo as a form of entertainment and in some cases, a source of income. It is a very fun game but still, it shouldn’t be taken lightly. You need to stay alert when playing, and be aware of the things listed below in order to avoid making mistakes:
- Maintaining your focus: It’s just a simple dice game and it’s not actually hard to win if you focus hard enough on making the right decisions. This is definitely the case with most games, really. However, it’s also important to know when to stop so that you can properly balance your time between work and leisure.
- When playing online, you’ll have enough time to figure out a betting strategy that works best for you. Remember, you can place as many bets on the table as you like, so you can always experiment and see which combination wins the most for you. Sure it’s a game of luck, but all bets have their corresponding probabilities of winning. There are many online sources for you to peruse before and even during gameplay. This is certainly not something you’d be able to do while playing at a land-based casino.
- After losing a few rounds, step away from the game and take a break. Use this time to go back on the rounds that you lost and rethink your strategy – was it just bad luck, should you be betting less, or changing your betting options? Having this time and freedom is another advantage you’d have when playing online. When playing at a land-based casino, you’re more likely to lose control because of the pressure from other players and you’ll have less discipline over how you want to play.
- Lastly, and I cannot stress this enough, you need to have a cool head when playing Sicbo. When you don’t let your emotions – whether good or bad – take over, you’ll make better decisions. You’ll know when it’s a good time to stop or keep plying, and you’ll always be aware of your finances.
Hopefully, with everything shared in this article, you have a better idea of the game and how it’s played. Now, you can give it a try for yourself! Check out OppaBet on desktop or mobile to try it out. For more tips and tricks on how to play in an online casino, check out CasinoBetAsia. Good luck!